Thursday 24 April 2014

Brief 16 // Typocircle // Publication layout Research

For the designer publications, I wanted to research into some different layouts and look for ideas which I could integrate into the spreads for the publications. I want to use quite a lot of colour throughout the publications and make them bright and bold. I think using some of the images in black and white with spreads that have a lot of colour, will work well, but I don't want to down grade the work of the designers / studios.















I like the idea of creating a composition within the spreads which uses different sized images and formats to create the layout of the work. The addition of colour added to these type of spreads will make them more interesting to look at. The use if type and images are evident in these layouts, defining the type through a hierarchy to have a heading and body copy is the best way to create a dynamic spread. The use of typography is important and I should look into the use of typefaces within the branding and identity of both the publications and the promotional material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment