Monday 7 April 2014

Brief 13 // Luke Beevers Photography // Brand Guidelines

As I have created a set of identity logos which can be used for different elements of the branding, I have put together a basic brand guidelines for the photographer, this was mainly for my benefit as it fits together with the whole project, but when I thought about it, I could give it the photographer so he has an outline of how each of the elements should be used throughout all his work, to keep it consistent and create a consistent brand.

Initially I pulled all the different elements together in one place and laid them out into a basic grid with the headings to see how everything fit together.


As I kept adding the different elements together, I didnt realise how big I was making the document, in the end it was 1.5m long, which wasn't that suitable or usable to anyone. 

Re arranging and laying out the guidelines to fit onto an A3 was much more practical for my use and the photographers. 


Laying out each of the element within the brand identity into this simple grid, makes it really easy to see it all together and comprehend the different elements that make it up. It is fairly simple, but very effective when put together like this. This shows the uses of the logo's, the colour palette and typefaces used. Also the application of the main logos are shown in examples at the bottom. 


Creating a second document, just for the logo's themselves. This shows the full set of them and identifies which logo is which. Its not essential for this, but its good to see them all together and shows how the logo is adaptable and can be used across both print and web. 

The final document in the brand guidelines shows the application of the branding to the photographers stationery. This is good to see how the identity can be spread across a wide range of media and products to create a full stationery set.  



No comments:

Post a Comment