Monday 7 April 2014

Brief 13 // Luke Beevers Photography // Type

For the identity I have looked at different fonts to use. As I am wanting to create a logo from the initials of the photographers name, the font had to work for both 2 letters and words. Getting the style of the font right is essential to put across the right message and understanding of the photographer.

From looking through sites online and downloading various fonts, I tested them with the photographers full name and initials, to see which worked the best out of them all. The full names all worked well together, but when it came down to just the initials, some of the fonts didn't look that great together.


From all the fonts I started with, I got down to these three as I thought they worked the best and were more of the style that the photographer wanted. 




From picking these three myself, I went back to the photographer and asked his opinion on them and if I was right with the styling of them. He loved all three of them, but when it came down to picking one, he liked the middle one best, which I think is the best personally. But he did like the idea of having the exclamation mark on the end, so I will add this onto the font we've chosen. 


This is the chosen font, which I think is the best one. It works together both as the full name and the initials. It is also a great mix between a script and maybe more of a graffiti style. But I think this does work well for the photographer as he does alot of live music photography and on location clothing apparel photography, this style mixes in well with them industries. 

From using these simple type settings, I can now create more of a logo.  



No comments:

Post a Comment