Thursday 17 April 2014

Brief 14 // Design Context Book // Type & Colour

Colour
As the publication is about me and my design practice it only seems right to use the colours of my branding, which is orange and grey.


These two colours will be used at different opacities and blending modes throughout the publication so that the type works with the images better and creates a more crafted style. 

Black will also be used for any smaller body copy, such as longer blocks of information or articles. 


Type
For the typeface, I wanted to use something different to what I have before, I felt that as the type was working alongside the images and it will be overlapping them and working on different blending modes, it needed to be quite a bold and strong typeface. 

After looking through different websites at different fonts etc I came across - Jean Luc. I really recognised it from somewhere then realised it was used in the Democratic Lecture book. Even though it had been used in something as popular as this, I really liked the typeface, it suited the needs of the publication and would work well with the different images that are going to be displayed throughout the spreads. Being a strong typeface, one that is fairly robust and thick, it will withstand being at different opacities and blending modes over the top of images and still be legible, so its a great choice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment