Thursday 17 April 2014

Brief 14 // Design Context Publication // Woodblock Letters

As part of the front cover design I am going to include woodblock letters. These are letter which I have previously hand printed myself within the print room. To make use of them I will scan in the printed letter and use them digitally within the front cover.

The idea of the front cover is to show a mix of graphic design and print making within the design, using the woodblock letter prints is a great way to print making and scanning them in at a high resolution should keep all the detail of the prints intact, as this gives it the print making aesthetic.





Once the letters were scanned in, I could use the selection tool within photoshop to select the letters I wanted to use within the front cover design. Saving these out as images, was the best way to be able to place them within the design of the front cover. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment