Thursday 17 April 2014

Brief 14 // Design Context Book // Blurb

To print the publication I am going to use Blurb. I wanted to get the publication printed online through somebody else so that it took the pressure off me having to do it. Also by using an online service it will be perfect bound and have a good professional finish to it which is what I want for the publication.


There was a few options that I could go with for designing with blurb, there are various different types of books you can create, they all depend on the finish, size and if you want it hard back or soft. 

I decided to go with the pocket / trade books because the sizes of these were much better than other types. The smaller size from the two options is slightly smaller than A5 which is a great size, in fact its better than A5 because it in a ratio that makes the publication taller than wider, so as a book I think the format of it is better. 


From working out the number of pages I needed with the amount of each section along with the contents and end title pages, I worked out the cost of the book. With getting it printed in colour it worked out at £17 for them both, which I think is a great price!



No comments:

Post a Comment