In the beginning we were being pretty adventurous and set out to make a flag out of paper using craft and folds, but we also wanted to make it fold up into a book. After spending the majority of the workshop trying to work this out, we realised that it was pretty impossible and the fact we were doing it wasn't really creating a design for the flag, it was more of a format.
So after doing this we decided to use illusion within the design. The idea of the flag was to create a bright colourful design that messes with your vision and makes you look twice at the flag. We used a CMYK colour scheme and create a design that worked on the illusions. Printing the flag onto fabric was good to see and try out, this was the first time in doing this and I was interested to see the results, the printed flag looks amazing, the colours of the print are spot on and really bright, just what we wanted to create.
This brief was a good experience, both working in collaboration and on such a short brief. I liked how we spent the majority of the day on once concept which then we didn't use, but the work that we had done in that day was alot compared to other briefs I had worked on. It shows how much you can do in one day. I am pretty happy with the final flag and will be good to see it in the exhibition which Dr. Me are curating.