Saturday 22 February 2014

Brief 11 // Manifesto // Packaging

Now all the postcard designs are done, it was time to create the packaging in which they would be held together in.

The manifesto is being branded with my own branding as it is about me and my views, so the packaging is going to use my branding and the colours. I will create the packaging from orange stock and apply the logo using black vinyl.

Here are some designs trying out different compositions for the front of the packaging and the opening for it.



Packaging designs - 
Looking at the placement of the logo within the packaging design. The packaging will be A6 format, so its not a huge area, hence the use of only the logo on the front. I want to take this minimal approach because the content on the inside are full of character and visual design. I think the packaging should contrast this and show a professional style. I think the best option is to use the logo placed in the top corner without the line underneath. I feel that this sits within the format of the packaging the best. 





Next was looking at how the packaging will open. There are three options, the first being like a folder, this will include a pocket on the folder in which the postcards will be held within. The second it a packaging net that fold up and around the postcards and sealed with a sticker to hold it closed. The last one is a standard packaging that has an opening on the top edge for the postcards to slide in. 

I like the folding method of the second design and I think this will work best because the packaging can open out to show the cards facing up towards the user, this will engage them within the product straight away and get them interested in looking through the manifesto. Also this packaging is the most interactive and means the user will have to physically open the packaging to get into the postcards. 

Finished packaging














No comments:

Post a Comment