Friday 21 February 2014

Brief 11 // Manifesto // Designs

After working on the illustrations and getting them to the standard I wanted them at, and that they all work across the board as a full set. I have started to look at colours options and how to introduce this to the each of the designs to make them more interesting and engaging to look at.


These are the colours that I have decided to use for the set of manifesto points. I have gone with a bright but pastel shaded colour palette for the manifesto. I feel that each colour within this palette all fit together and creates a nice range of colours. I wanted them to be bright, but not that bright that its in your face, these are slightly duller so that it works for your eyes better. 

From choosing the colours I now have to think about how to apply the colour to each design and how the illustration will work with that. It could either be white on the background colour and use a tint of black and multiply blending mode to make each design use the background colour as the colour for the design. 










Throughout the designs I have varied how the illustration works with the background colour. I think this introduces a variety within the design set and makes them more interesting when looking through as they aren't all the same. Each design has a small border around the edge of each background colour, this is for aesthetical reasons and offsets the background colour against the contrast of the white. 

I like the simplistic approach I have taken on the illustrations and looking at the designs above, I think it works really well as a full set and a product that illustrations my own thoughts and opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment