Wednesday 4 December 2013

Brief 7 // Elmwood // Progress Crit

From the brief being set from Elmwood, we had a week to get started on the designs of the branding for our boring job. From the initial ideas I had drawn out I digitalised the one I wanted to run with and created some presentation boards to take to the crit and present my idea.




I was a little disappointed when I went into the crit as the reaction from the logo and concept I had created wasn't that great. But from listening to what the feedback was I did agree with some of it.

Feedback
The logo looks very scientific and not that related to tree surgery

The word treecare doesnt work within the logo, this should be used a description for what the company does.

Tree's refer to health care in the way they grow and all the branches shoot off in different directions, this relates to veins within the body - could be a way to incorporate the two together.

Applications - make the equipment more caring

The logo needs to communicate tree surgery more, through the build up of the logo and the how the different elements relate to each area it does make sense and works as a brand story but with the standalone logo it doesn't communicate tree surgery that well.

Work with what has been designed, but try to focus more on the tree surgery aspect.

Copy within the branding could be very scientific.

Maybe create some sort of movement within the logo, as the defibrillators are used


I think at the minute the logo is taken over from the surgery part of the logo - the brackets and plus sign. The leaf within it is a little lost and I think this could have more work done to it to make it bolder and signify tree surgery more. I think working with what I have already started to create above is a good starting point, I like this initial concept and I think the story behind how it is created fits in well with the brand, so I think further development of the logo is needed to make it stronger and better communicate the idea of tree surgery.

From this logo I am going to start applying it to different application within branding stationery and other products which relate to the profession.







No comments:

Post a Comment