Thursday 12 December 2013

Brief 6 // Life with Energy // Evaluation

This has been the shortest brief, but one which I have created a range of material for. The brief was to create a information pack for saving energy within the home.

From the last brief I realised that the production and creation of the products was something that I was good at and also enjoyed doing, so with this brief I wanted to carry on doing this, but also expand on these techniques and develop my production skills.

With this in mind I have focussed on the communication, production and creation of the products for this brief. The information pack is based around engaging the audience with a subject that is seen as being boring - saving energy. For this I have used a illustrative style, this again was something different to what I normally design around, but it was good to do it.

As I was saying before, the main focus for this was on the production of the products, which I think shows in the information pack. All of the products within it have been designed and created by myself, which I think they have been completed to a high standard, but also relate to idea of recycled and sustainable aesthetic, in order to achieve this I have used stock and material that has a textured of recycled finish to them.

I have used different techniques within this brief like vinyl, wirobinding and perfect binding, all these techniques have made the project more interesting both to look at and for me to create them.

I think that this brief has been a good success, I have enjoyed designing the products and creating them, it has been a different brief as the focus has been on the products and not completely on just the design. I think that the information pack succeeds in engaging the audience with a subject area that isn't always the most interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment