Thursday 12 December 2013

Brief 7 // Elmwood // Evaluation

This brief started off well, I was pretty excited for it and had ideas for it right from the beginning. When it cam to designing the actual branding this was quite difficult to start off with. After getting a idea and concept for the branding, I started to produce the logo and explain how it came about.

The crit was good, as this informed me what people thought about the branding at the beginning stages, which was positive but had room for improvement. From the crit i took on the ideas and completed the branding. This was a quick turnaround brief for me, I completed the full brief in a couple of days.

I am fairly happy with the branding, I do like it and think it communicates the idea of the company, but if I had more time then I think I could of pushed the branding further and made it more interesting and communicate the idea of the company in a better way. The application of the branding was interesting as it was a tree surgeon I could use wood as stock and material for some of the products. This was good to do something different and work away from the computer / printers to create the products. I think these worked best with the branding and made it communicate the idea of it further.

Overall I feel that this brief was very short as I had alot of other work on at the same time, but in the time that I have spent on doing it, I am happy with what I have produced. I think the branding is okay, its not my favourite, but it works for the concept of the company and explains what it is. The application of the branding was the best part of this brief and working on material other paper was a good experience and one that I will use again in other briefs.


No comments:

Post a Comment