Thursday 12 December 2013

Brief 1 // imprint // Evaluation

This was the first brief I started when coming back and starting uni in the third year, I found that this brief got me back into the flow of designing and got me back into doing design work from the summer.

The idea of the brief was to create a brand which I can use in appropriate briefs throughout the year for anything that consists of publication & editorial design.

I enjoyed doing this brief as it was purely a branding brief. It was good to create something that I could use myself and in a sense it was easier for me to do because I knew what I wanted it to be designed like.

The hardest part of the brief was creating the brand guidelines, this was the first time I have designed a guidelines and found it quite hard. Producing the content in terms of the designed elements for the guidelines was pretty easy, but it was the body copy that was difficult for me to write, as this had to inform the reader about the company but also describe how to use the different elements of it too. I think there are pages within the guidelines that could be changed and some pages that could be added in to explain the company better and describe the brand story and values.

I felt that this brief did go on for longer than I wanted to, but I think that was because there was a lot of course workshops etc at the beginning of the year and I couldn't get into a constant flow to get the work done quicker. In the end I didn't complete everything that I would of liked to; I would of liked to create a copper plate and emboss elements of the design, but I didn't want the brief to go on and on.

That said I am still happy with the outcomes for it, the accent colours all work together well and have created a contemporary publishing company, which is what I set out to do. The brand guidelines is created to a high quality and uses a different type of binding method, this again puts into practice the type of publication design that the company would create in real life. The brand works across all the branding material and creates a consistent design that fits all formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment