Sunday 2 March 2014

Brief 12 // 21st Whisky // Ideas

From researching into the idea of whisky and finding out relevant information about the product. I have started to think about some ideas for the product. I have three different concepts which I have created for the ideas behind the branding of the product.

Concept 1
Process of making whisky.
Bringing the process of how each different whisky type alive and having this as the main aesthetic for the branding. The process of making whisky is really interesting and very visual, each type of whisky is effected by different elements within the process of making it and I think showing this in a visual and stimulant way will create a strong eye catching bottle label design. This can also be used across all the other elements to the products, such as packaging.
- Illustrated style
- linear process style
- chemical formula - mathematical

Concept 2
High end brand.
Use a high end brand aesthetic, by focussing on the use of colour, type and layout within the product label. Looking at the relationship of the label and the bottle and how this can be adapted to create a luxurious and top branded product.

Concept 3
Traditional Technique.
Create a brand through the use of printing techniques such as letterpress and woodblock type. Whisky has been around for decades and started off being made in a traditional manor, use this within the branding to create a brand story and create a history to the brand which can be illustrated through the use of image and type to explain the brand and make the consumer understand the product.

Chosen concept.
From the three concepts I have outlined, I have decided to go with the first one. From my research I have the making process of whisky really interesting and found alot of visual material that can be used within the branding to illustrate this and bring it to life. I think that this is an interesting idea and one that I havent seen within the whisky branding that is already out there / been done by other, which is what I feel the other two concepts are inline with.

The first concept opens a lot of interpretation for each bottle that I will create within the range as the process is different for each, this can be highlighted within the label itself and make each one that little bit different. By having an illustrated style and using the colours outlined earlier, I think this will create a new modern whisky brand that will stand out on the shelf from the rest of the traditional products out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment