Thursday 31 October 2013

Brief 3 // Iconic Cities // 10 Cities

After looking at the top cities to visit in Europe I have condensed my list down to 10 cities. I don't think that i will do all 10 cities, but if i find out the information for them all I can decide that at a later date.

The 10 cities are:
Budapest
Brussels
Amsterdam
Prague
Rome
Riga
Tallinn
Istanbul
Vienna
Krakow

After looking at the list of cities which I derived from the initial research of city destinations, I found that the ones that I choose all had a big influence on the culture and architecture within the cities. I think this is good as far as a travel guide and advertisement stands as they all fit well together and will show some consistency throughout the travel guide.

Now I have the cities, I will research further into each one to find out the following information:
- General information on the city
- Accommodation, flights, local transport, food & drink prices and info.
- Top attractions of each city - 5 - info and images
- Map of each city

The project is going to work as a mix of photographic and illustration work. The illustrations will be the basis of the posters advertising the attractions of each city, this will run through the travel guide, but photographs will also be used within the travel guide too.

The style of the travel guide is still to be researched into, but I know that I want the pages to be removable in some way, so the user can take the travel guide with them and actually use it by ripping out a page and being able to take that with them. The same for the maps also, this could integrated into the publication or be a separate product.

Getting the content is first, then ill think about the design after.  

No comments:

Post a Comment